Home Events Board Members Online Newsletter Meeting Minutes Links InfAERmation AERBVI Membership
Large Print IN-AER Web Site
Inverted Large Print IN-AER Web Site
SPECIAL CURRENT ITEMS
Interview with Char Maternowski-Paul
The IN – AER Fall Conference, “Doing My ShAER” is set for November 1st & 2nd, 2012 at McCormick’s Creek State Park.
IN-AER 2012 Convention Application
IN-AER Convention Agenda
Hot AER Aug 2012
The purpose of the Indiana Chapter of the Association for the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (IN-AER) is to provide assistance in the promotion, development and improvement of education and rehabilitation services for individuals who are blind or visually impaired in the state of Indiana, regardless of age. This includes:
· Increase public awareness and understanding of the nature and cause of visual impairment and its impact on individuals and society as a whole.
· Increase public understanding of the social and economic gains to society when opportunities are provided for individuals who are blind or visually impaired to become self-sufficient, self-supporting, and contributing members of society.
· Provide local and regional conference and seminar opportunities to discuss all issues related to services for individuals who are blind or visually impaired, including the prevention of certain visual impairments.
· Promote and assist in research and development of professional standards for personnel and specialized programs serving individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
· Collaborate with other groups in the development of programs of social action for the benefit of individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
· Support and collaborate on the international goals of the parent organization, Association of the Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired (AERBVI).
Comments and concerns about the IN-AER web site need to be addressed to: IN-AER Web Site Administrator